How to check Java version?
Java is a programming language that's used to install and run programs.
To check the version of Java in our Computer we have below ways.
- Java Verification page
- Using Command Prompt (Windows)
- Using the Java Control Panel
- Check Java with the Windows Start menu
- For Mac
Java Verification page
The simplest way is to use the Java Verification page.
- Access the Java Verification Page.
- Click on the Verify Java version.
- Click the Agree and Continue button.
- Select Run to continue.
- The page will display the Java version currently installed along with the latest version available.
- Download the recommended update.
- Restart the browser once the installation process is completed.
- Reopen your browser and enable Java.
- To successfully use this method, you need to make sure that:
- Your browser supports NPAPI plug-ins.
- Your browser version is compatible with Java
Using Command Prompt (Windows)
- Open the Command Prompt.
- Insert the following code: java -version.
- The output will highlight the Java version installed on your Windows device
Using the Java Control Panel (for Windows)
- Navigate to the Java folder.
- Choose Configure Java to open the Java Control Panel window.
- In the General tab, click the About button.
- The About Java window will appear and display your Java version
Check Java with the Windows Start menu
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Select Programs.
- Find the Java program.
- Click About Java to learn which Java version you are using
- Select the Apple icon on the upper left side of the screen.
- Navigate to System Preferences.
- Click on the Java icon to launch the Java Control Panel.
- In the General tab in the Java Control Panel, you should find About. Click on it to see the version you are using